Players, in addition to this TOS, are also expected to abide by the Site Rules
If you have any issue with the site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
By accessing this site you agree to not reference, discuss, post, or link any content that may contain these topics, and if found to be posting these topics your account will be terminated.
- Any content that is considered sexually explicit or pornographic, be it images or discussion.
- Any content that references illegal acts, or is illegal in itself, such as drug abuse or stalking.
- Personal information such as location, job, school, or exact birthday (mm-dd-yyyy), be it yours or another persons information. This will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Content pertaining to extreme gore or mutliation, be it fictional form or realistic.
- Scripts, firmware, "macros" or other software that is used for the purpose of hacking programs or websites.
- Descriptions of game exploits, hacks, and glitches is not permitted. Additionally, exploting a glitch without submitting a bug report can result in account termination.
- Content that may cause harm to users of Forest of Mirrors or Forest of Mirrors itself.
- Content that impersonates another user or implies that your are an Employee of Forest of Mirrors.
- Content that harasses, abuses, insults, flamebaits, discriminates against, or threatens other users and groups of people is not permitted. This includes transphobic, racist, and other forms of discriminatory content, even if not directed at a specific person.
- The use of bots, scripts, or third party software that shortcut or alter site functions to run in ways not intended by the creators of Forest of Mirrors is not permitted. However, you are free to post your scripts in the forum to have them approved by the admins if they are proper usage.
Players retain ownership of all personally submitted content, such as art, creature descriptions, user profiles, chat and forum posts, and any other conent submitted for Forest of Mirrors. By accessing Forest of Mirrors and submitting your content to Forest of Mirrors, you agree to allow for us a non-exclusive, royalty free license to allow for us to submit this data to other users, which will allow fo us to modify (I. E. Resize avatars), change, transmit, alter, redistrubute, reformat, store, and publicly display your content on our website.
- Players are allowed to submit their suggestions, art, and ideas to Forest of Mirrors. Buy submitting these ideas, you agree that you will not recieve monetary compensation for the use of the idea.
- Permission is granted to temporarily download copies of the content on the Forest of Mirrors website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- Modify or copy the materials;
- Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Forest of Mirrors website;
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- Tansfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- Additionally, in some cases, Forest of Mirrors allows fan works of the official site content for the purposes of art sales. The rules of these sales are below.
- You may sell your digital Forest of Mirrors fan art for digital and real life currency, as long as you recognize that Forest of Mirrors retains all copyright to its original assets.
- You may post this fan content on other sites, including a personal website, so long as a link back to http://forestofmirrors.x10.mx/ is posted near the work and an acknowldegement of ownership by Forest of Mirrors is given.
- You are not permitted to duplicate, copy, or reuse any portions of official Forest of Mirrors content for the use of selling it for either digital or real life currency on Forest of Mirrors, and any content that falls under this category cannot be posted offsite.
- Sales of "real life" content that includes crafts and other tangible objects that contain Forest of Mirrors content may be sold for real life currency, provided that this does not support a long term buisness and is not posted on a site such as Etsy, Redbubble, or Cafepress.
- Sales of your original works that do not contain Forest of Mirrors copyrighted content does not have these limitations. The above limitations only apply to content that contains some Forest of Mirrors copyright, for example, a Black Dragon plushie or a Red Dragon t-shirt.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Forest of Mirrors at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
In compliance with U.S. DMCA law, you may send a takedown notice to email@example.com if you find a user to be using your works improperly.
- The materials on the Forest of Mirrors website are provided on an "as is" basis. Forest of Mirrors makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Furthermore, Forest of Mirrors does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
You are limited to one account per person on Forest of Mirrors. Accounts must be a representation of you, not contain otherwise copyrighted content, and must not impersonate someone else. Accounts can be terminated without warning and without any reason given. Account data must be accurate, including your email and date of birth. Falsified informaton has the possiblity of account termination if found.
- Additionally, account security is placed upon the user. Lost passwords, "hacking" or unathourized use, and any scams that render a loss of account items are considered the responsibility of the user.
- In the circumstance that your user account is banned, you are prohibited from creating another user account.
- Your account cannot be sold, transferred, or given away to another person, no matter the circumstances. Each account must also be a representation of one individual, and accounts cannot be shared between two or more people.
- This is a reminder that your account can be terminated at any reason, without warning, and without any recourse for action. Although this is a small possibility, users must accept that this can occur.
- Discussion of account penalties, such as bans, temporary sales and forum chat locks, and other disciplinary actions carried out by mods and admins of Forest of Mirrors is not permitted on Forest of Mirrors. Inquiries for account actions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, and no users should speak on the behalf of the affected.
- Item or pet "lending" is not a supported transaction and is allowed to be posted on the site at your own risk. The Forest of Mirrors team will not be able to assist users who have not had their items returned from one of these transactions, and by accepting the ToS you agree that these trades are at your own risk.
If you are under the age of 18, please ask your parents permission before joining our website- we do not control the posts of our users at every moment, and cannot gaurentee an entirely safe environment for a minor. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to make an account with our site, in order to better comply with the us COPPA laws. If you are under the age of 13, your account will be terminated.
Forest of Mirrors provides the user with the permission to utilize its digital content within the scope of the TOS, Rules, and purposes of the site. Players agree that although they may interact and love their digital pets, they do not have ownership of the digital content and are "borrowing" it temporarily. You are permitted to trade this content with other websites for other digital (not real life money) goods that cannot be exchanged for currency. If you are found selling your digital content for real life currency, your account will be terminated.
In no event shall Forest of Mirrors or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the Forest of Mirrors website, even if Forest of Mirrors or a Forest of Mirrors authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
The materials appearing on Forest of Mirrors website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Forest of Mirrors does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Forest of Mirrors may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Forest of Mirrors does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Forest of Mirrors has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link on Forest of Mirrors does not imply endorsement by Forest of Mirrors of the linked site, and the use of any such linked website is at the users own risk. Furthermore, Forest of Mirrors makes no express or implied warranties with regard to the information, material, products, or services that are contained on or accessible through linked sites. Access and use of these linked sites, including the information, material, products, and services on linked sites or available through linked sites, is solely at your own risk, and you acknowledge that Forest of Mirrors shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by your access to these sites.
You agree that by accessing Forest of Mirrors, Forest of Mirrors has no control over and no responsibility of action for: users who access Forest of Mirrors, what content is posted within Forest of Mirrors, what effects this content may have on you, your use of this content, and what actions you take based upon this content (i.e., putting your phone in the microwave because you saw that "How to Instantly Charge Your Phone" infographic). Additionally, you acknowledge that Forest of Mirrors may contain content that some users may find offensive or innoproriate, and that you will not hold Forest of Mirrors accountable for these materials, and any liability resulting from seeing these materials is released. Additionally, this is a reminder that Forest of Mirrors is provided on "as-is" or "as avaialble basis", and that any content downloaded from Forest of Mirrors that may provide harmful to you or your computer is not the liability of Forest of Mirrors. Additionally, certain provincial laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclamers may not apply to you and you may have additional rights.
The information that Forest of Mirrors gathers is your: IP Address, Birthday, and E-Mail Address. Forest of Mirrors uses this information to solely identify and protect the account owner, and none of this information is sold, traded, or shared with anyone. The only party that is given this information is the site administration, with the exception of the password which has been encrypted and obfuscated. Forest of Mirrors will not release any of this information except by what is required by the government of the United States in the event of scams, cheats, hacking, or other illegal activities.
Forest of Mirrors may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Pennsylvania and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
The terms of this contract are independent of each other, and in the event that a section of this contract is found unenforcable by law. it shall be severed and the remainder of the contract shall remain valid.
Last Updated: 3-14-2018